Armstrong, Pergo, Mannington, Shaw, Mohawk, and Tarkett are among the laminate flooring brands we install. Laminate can mimic nearly anything and is often a good affordable option to other flooring types. Schedule an appointment. You owe it to yourself to look. Think about what you might do with the extra savings.
Laminate continues to be a popular and affordable choice for flooring, especially for busy households.
Today’s realistic texturing, finishes and high definition details are virtually identical to other flooring types, including wood, tile, ceramics, porcelain, and natural stone - yet come at a fraction of the price. Rest assured, with laminate, you get a product to match your exact décor needs.
What is Laminate?
Laminate flooring offers a wide selection of designs that offer the look and feel of beautiful hardwood.
It is actually a compound that's designed to endure extended wear and tear. A direct-pressure manufacturing process fuses four layers into one extremely hard and durable surface. The four layers are:
- Wear Layer - The wear layer is a tough, clear finish reinforced with aluminium oxide (one of the hardest mineral compounds known to man) to resist staining, fading, surface moisture, and of course, wear.
- Decorative Layer - Providing the floor's beauty, the decorative layer is actually a high definition photograph that gives the laminate the appearance of wood or tile.
- Fiberboard Core - An ultra-dense core board provides impact resistance plus stability. It also features an edge sealing treatment that provides even further structural stability.
- Back Layer - The back is reinforced with melamine for structural stability as well as moisture resistance.
The resulting floor is a technological breakthrough!
There's no staining, no fading, and no wear through. Other noteworthy features:
- Laminate flooring is incredibly durable and stain resistant. Such problem spills as nail polish, grease, and mustard simply wipe off.
- Tongue-and-groove locking technology eliminates unattractive gaps at the seams.
- Extremely durable flooring planks can be taken apart and reassembled, IF necessary.
- No waiting, you can walk on your floor immediately after installation is completed.